Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On the Subject of Gratitude...

I feel inspired to share a quote from Andy Andrews' book The Traveler's Gift.  This quote is from the fifth decision for success, the decision to be happy.
     I am the possessor of a grateful spirit. 

     In the past, I have found discouragement in particular situations until I compared the condition of my life to others less fortunate.  Just as a fresh breeze cleans smoke from the air, so a grateful spirit removes the cloud of despair.  It is impossible for the seeds of depression to take root in a thankful heart.

     My God has bestowed on me many gifts, and for these I will remember to be grateful.  Too many times I have offered up the prayers of a beggar, always asking for more and forgetting to give thanks.  I do not wish to be seen as a greedy child, unappreciative and disrespectful.  I am grateful for sight and sound and breath.  If ever in my life there is a pouring out of blessings beyond that, then I will be grateful for the miracle of abundance.
We really do have so much to be grateful for!  You woke up today and took in breath.  You have food to eat and water to drink and bathe in.  You have a roof over your head and a bed to sleep in.  You have clothing to wear.  You're reading this, so you obviously have internet access.  Good God!  Do you realize how fortunate you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment